Monday, October 12, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - 10/12/09

We've got a busy week coming up! We are headed to a cabin on a nice lake to spend the weekend with some excellent friends! Had a quick conversation with my friend about what to eat while we are there. We have to take all of the food so we're trying to keep it simple!

I substituted a lot this week, because our week changed around a lot, but I'm finding that is normal for us! LOL

So check out my plan for this week and also what threw me off plan last week below. :-)

Click here to see more Menu Plan Monday followers.

What's up for the week of 10/12/09

Monday: Baked Chicken Chimichangas (Taste of Home Cookbook Pg 174)-(Recycled from last week).

Tuesday: Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes, Corn and Rolls

Wednesday: Yakatori Chicken with rice and Egg Drop Soup (Recycled from last week).

Thursday: Flat iron Steak Fajitas w/ Mexican rice (Recycled from last week).

Friday: Chili (At the Cabin)

Saturday: Fish Fry - Hopefully! (At the Cabin)

Sunday: Grilled burgers and dogs.


HOW WE DID LAST WEEK of 10/5/09:


Monday: Leftovers because Moma has a meeting! This worked great. Kids also had Spaghetti O's and Raviolis. No cookin' for me!

Tuesday: Grilled Steak Kabobs (Outback seasoned)-Potato, veggie, mac n cheese (Recycled from last week). - Made it and ate it. Steak was GREAT! Instead of mac n cheese, I made a new Risotto recipe that used squash and peppers from the garden. It was ok. Not our new fave, but OK.

Wednesday: Cracker Crust Chicken, mashed potato, corn, gravy, bread (Recycled from last week). Got around really late so I just made fast Hamburger Rice.

Thursday: Flank Steak Fajitas w/ mexican rice (Recycled from last week). - Went to get my hair done in the late afternoon and then took my sister-in-law to Pizza Hut for keeping the girls for me.

Friday: Yakatori Chicken with rice and Egg Drop Soup - Weird night. The kids ate snacks late that kinda doubled for supper. Husband and I both had big, late lunches so we just didn't need supper. Kids ate some Chocolate Malt o Meal for a snack at about 8pm. LOL!

Saturday: Eating out. Moma's going scrappin' !!! - Did this. It was awesome!

Sunday: Baked Chicken Chimichangas (Taste of Home Pg 174) (Recycled from last week). - Really felt like potato soup. So that's what I made! LOL!



The weeks are getting busier and the nights are getting colder. I am fighting the urge to turn on the furnace. Trying to hold off a little longer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment